Book: Writing Research Proposals in Applied Linguistics
Chapter: Defining the Research Process
• What are the major phases in planning and proposing a research project?
• Choosing a topic and posing a researchable problem: Where do such issues come from? What motivates your research?
• Asking the right questions about research: identifying levels of questioning and setting boundaries to your research
• Identifying some key terms and concepts.
• The significance of context in research planning
• Working up a concept map of your research