Book: Writing Research Proposals in Applied Linguistics
Chapter: Situating Research Questions: The Literature Review
• What are the roles and purposes of the Literature Review?
• What are the sources for a Literature Review?
• What are the questions to ask about the literature for a Literature Review?
• Why a Literature Review isn’t a summary of everything that has been written about a theme and a topic – the central importance of selectivity, relevance, and structuring
• Discovering different approaches to constructing a Literature Review
• Evaluative criteria for preparing your Literature Review
• Mastering the discourse and language of the/a Literature Review