Book: Writing Research Proposals in Applied Linguistics
Chapter: Formulating Specific Research Questions and Research Hypotheses
• What do we mean by a Research question/hypothesis?
• What is the relationship between theory and research questions/hypotheses?
• A typology of questions and hypotheses: qualitative, quantitative and mixed methods
• Constructing an argument around research questions and hypotheses; what is clear and what is obscure, what is inductive and what is deductive, what is explicit and what is implicit. Identifying fallacies in argument in a Research Proposal
• Mastering the language and discourse of a Research Proposal