Book: Writing Research Proposals in Applied Linguistics
Chapter: Drafting your Specific Research Proposal
• Identifying the audience. Who will read the proposal? Who is it for?
• Distinguishing writing proposals for experts and writing for lay audiences. The importance of knowing your audience
• Following the rules for the submission: the importance of modelling drafts
• Write it right: practising the appropriate style in writing proposals
• Identifying and collating references and making them serve your research purposes(s)
• The importance of revising and editing your proposal